Situated among the backdrop of the majestic Himalayas, "the Society for the Upliftment of Villagers and Development of Himalayan Areas (SUVIDHA)" is a grassroots level Non-governmental Organization (NG0) working primarily in the field of environment and sustainability among marginalized people. Our basic thrust area happens to be organic farming and allied activities linked to food security in rural landscape. From a humble beginning in 2004 as a registered NGO from Uttarakhand SUVIDHA has attained a National role, with operations in Jammu in the state of Jammu & Kashmir and Bhubaneswar in Odisha. Other geographical areas include Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. With more than a decade of experience, SUVIDHA has intervened in specialized areas pertaining to project development and implementation, appraisal and formulation, monitoring and evaluation, including rural financial services.Read more
- To mobilize, formation and strengthening of community Based Organizations (CBOs) i.e. SHG, OFG, FIG etc. For better planning, implementation and maintenance of integrated rural development activities.
- To enhance information, knowledge base, capacity and skill of the people for self employment and income generation opportunities.
- To develop and promote models on functional elementary education.
- To promote “Health and Nutrition for All” by focusing easily accessible and affordable health care system and knowledge base.
- To provide safe drinking water to the community.
- To help for providing hygiene and sanitation facilities to the community.
- Environment protection and conservation.
- To protect, conserve and restore natural environment and bio-diversity.
- To promote people centered and controlled natural resource management.
- To develop and promote community based sustainable, organic and diversified agriculture system.
- To promote self employment and income generation activities through capacity and skill development training's and value addition.
- Training and capacity building of development functionaries